FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How much does it cost to replace an average tub?
The cost can vary, depending on the quality of the replacement fixture and the amount of work and damage done to existing plumbing, tile and plaster; usually $1500. to $3000. You will save 75% or more by refinishing over replacement!
2. When I have a fixture refinished, does it require special care or cleaning materials?
No! The new Porclynite finish should be cleaned with a non-abrasive cleaner just as you would with a new fixture or tile. Abrasives are capable of damaging even the most durable surfaces.
3. Can chips in my fixture be repaired?
Yes! All chips will be repaired before the surface is refinished.
4. Is Porclynite real porcelain?
No. it is a state-of-the-art synthetic glaze which has the lustre and texture of porcelain with unbelievable durability and toughness.
5. How long does it take to refinish a fixture, tile or countertop?
Usually a few hours and always less than one day. Most of the time is spent in preparing the original surface for reglazing. When the Porclynite has been applied, there is only a 24 hour "curing" time required before the fixture can be used.